Pages

Thursday 21 January 2016

The Pre-Op

As I approach 39 weeks, the appointment arrives for my Pre-Op.

Having opted for an elective section this time due to complications with my son, I have found this experience completely different as you actually have the date that your baby is going to arrive. Mine being tomorrow.

As we arrive at the Hospital to discuss tomorrow's procedure we are taken through to the Day Unit, somewhere I never went to on my previous pregnancy. A lovely setting, freshly decorated and relaxing. I was taken to a small room where I was measured for my stockings and the procedure discussed.

I was provided with some information on the procedure along with what to expect on the day. I was prescribed an antacid to take in the morning before the operation and advised of the time and location of where I was to attend.

My blood pressure was checked along with my pulse and I was required to give a urine sample (standard).

It was when I was at this appointment I felt I needed to try and hold it together. I had the most sympathetic and friendly midwife I had come across so far in this pregnancy and her kindness was almost driving me to tears!
I managed to get through the appointment and after approximately 45 minutes that was it until the day of the operation arrived.

0 comments:

Post a Comment